Genesys thrives in contact centre solutions business as Avaya slips

GenesysContact centre solutions company Genesys announced nearly 250 companies in 2017 are replacing legacy contact centre systems from Avaya, Cisco and others for the Genesys Customer Experience Platform.

Fraser Health, Lufthansa, Pentafon, Rapid Financial Solutions, Transat and many more, including a multinational beverage corporation, a U.S.-based consumer banking giant, and a financial services company for the automotive industry, are some of the customers of Genesys.

Since the beginning of the year, 60 percent of these migrations have been Avaya replacements, while the remaining 40 percent are from a combination of legacy providers.

The market for contact centre infrastructure is mature, according to analyst firm Gartner.

“Application leaders responsible for contact centres and customer service are looking to replace traditional premises-based telephony-only ‘call centres’ or multichannel contact centres based on siloed communication channels with newer, more integrated systems that can support persistent seamless contextual transition between engagement channels,” Gartner said.

“Organizations are turning to us for our expertise and proven solutions for digitally-connected omnichannel customer experience,” said Tom Eggemeier, president of Genesys.

Genesys solutions enable complete omnichannel capabilities to connect the entire customer journey from marketing to sales to service. Genesys provides a seamless migration path from on-premises to the cloud for organisations looking to modernise and expand their contact centre capabilities with a secure cloud-based solution.

Legacy migrations this year have spanned all Genesys platform offerings, both on-premises and cloud, including Genesys PureCloud, PureConnect and PureEngage. These migrations range in size with 40 percent consisting of between 500 to 5,000 seats.

Nearly 45 percent of the wins have started and closed this year, resulting in a significantly shortened sales cycle for Genesys. The sales cycles for its enterprise/commercial offerings, PureEngage and PureConnect, have reduced from an average of 18 months to just six.

“The changing contact centre landscape forces organisations to think strategically about the technology they need to support today’s customer,” said Mary Wardley, program vice president, IDC.

Genesys achieved this market traction in replacing legacy systems via its PureBridge methodology, which works to educate companies on the importance of migrating to a next-generation customer experience offering and introduces the steps with an “All-in-One, but Not All at Once” approach.

PureBridge program offers multiple assessment tools for businesses and individuals. For example, over 600 people have completed a CX maturity assessment since its launch in late July. In addition, over 12,000 people have already tested their customer experience expertise with a quiz assessing their understanding of today’s consumers expectations for customer service.

Lastly, more than 1,200 people have also completed a free CX Professional Accreditation Course which provides business and technical users online training designed to help them lead a seamless transition to a new solution.