Infotech Lead India: IDC has come out with its top 10 predictions for CIOs in 2013. By 2016, LOB executives will be directly involved in 80 percent of new IT investments.
- Prediction 1 – By 2016, LOB Executives Will Be Directly Involved in 80 percent of New IT Investments
- Prediction 2 – By 2015, 90 percent of IT Investments Will Be Evaluated in Terms of Strategic Goals
- Prediction 3 – CIOs and CFOs Will Move to “Zero Capital” and Transform the IT Financial Model
- Prediction 4 – In 2013, CIOs Deliver 3rd Platform Mash-Ups as Competitive Differentiators
- Prediction 5 – 70 percent of CIOs Will Embrace a “Cloud First” Strategy in 2016
- Prediction 6 – By 2013, One Third of All New Application Development Will Target a Mobile Form Factor
- Prediction 7 – Enterprise Social Networks Move Beyond Pilot Stage With Business Sponsorship
- Prediction 8 – Big Data & Analytics Projects Will Be Like No Other IT Project
- Prediction 9 – IT Talent Will Become the Biggest Barrier to Innovation
- Prediction 10 – By 2018, 50 percent of Business Execs Will View the CIO as a Business Innovator
“Our 2013 Predictions for the CIO Agenda reflect the impact of the 3rd Platform Shift. Cloud, Mobile, Social and Big Data solutions are changing the Business/IT engagement models, and presenting CIOs with new opportunities to be seen as Business Innovators,” said David McNally, IT Executive Advisor at IDC.