Infotech Lead India: SAP leads mobile enterprise management (MEM) enterprise software market.
The market share leader based on 2011 revenue, SAP received the distinction for the eleventh consecutive year in IDC’s Worldwide Mobile Enterprise Management Software 2012 – 2016 Forecast and Analysis and 2011 Vendor Shares report.
IDC said the SAP Afaria mobile device management solution is holding 16.4 percent share of the MEM market with the nearest competitors having less than seven percent share in 2011.
“IDC recommends that enterprises evaluate mobile solutions that both manage and secure devices and the applications that access sensitive corporate information on those devices,” said Stacy Crook, senior analyst, Mobile Enterprise Research at IDC.
Key differentiators of SAP Afaria include:
- Complete app life-cycle support from SAP mobile platform integration
- Integration of SAP BusinessObjects portfolio for critical analytics on all data collected and managed
- Industry-leading scalability – live deployments in the hundreds of thousands of devices managed
- Product maturity and flexibility – over 15 years as a shipping production product
- Samsung SAFE API (asymmetric encryption service) capabilities for industry-leading Android integration
- On-premise and on-demand and cloud delivery via Amazon Web Services (AWS
“Our continued leadership in enterprise mobility is driven by our commitment to deliver best-in-class solutions to help our more than 195,000 customers manage their complex mobile environments,” said Sanjay Poonen, president and head of Mobile Division, SAP.
“SAP’s market leadership, by over a 2:1 margin over competitors, is a function of our end-to-end mobile apps and platform, mobile security, and secure content management that are helping customers rapidly implement highly robust, consumer-grade mobile solutions,” Poonen added.
Recently, SAP launched a free mobile developer license, a new SAP Mobile Apps Partner program and support for integrating the software development frameworks from Adobe, Appcelerator Titanium and Sencha with the SAP mobile platform