Infotech Lead India: Majority of knowledge workers expect to increasingly use their smartphones and tablets to access, create, manage and review documents, according to an Adobe survey.
At present, knowledge workers (including business, IT and technical professionals) in India spend one-quarter of their work week creating and managing documents.
Adobe said a widespread impact on productivity is owing to document-related challenges. The survey findings indicate a high degree of concern for document security among respondents. Majority respondents expect to increasingly use their smartphones and tablets not just to access but also to create, manage and review documents in the near future.
“India is a knowledge economy, and as such, lost productivity has serious economic implications. In this increasingly complex and interconnected digital world, it is imperative that organizations and knowledge workers adopt documentation tools that allow them to be productive and collaborative in a highly-secured manner,” said Umang Bedi, managing director – South Asia, Adobe.
“Also given the increasing penetration of mobile devices like smartphones and tablets it is equally important that organizations enable their workforce to create, manage and review content on these devices,” Umang added.
Details of the survey:
- 52 percent spend at least one-quarter of their work week creating and managing documents
- 47 percent spend more than one-quarter of their work week dealing with document-related issues like: searching email attachments, copying data from one document format to other, struggling with incompatible document formats, etc
- 58 percent of knowledge workers feel they are less or not productive at all with the current set of documentation and productivity tools that their organizations use
- 51 percent spend more than one-quarter of their time at work manually gathering and analyzing data from disparate sources like forms, etc
- 59 percent feel their degree of collaboration through documents is neither high nor good enough. This mirrors the finding about a similar number of knowledge workers wanting a lot more from their documentation and collaboration tools
- 80 percent lose valuable time trying to get documents approved and signed, indicating a low awareness and usage of tools like digital signature
- 47 percent faced an instance of breach in document security like information leak, sensitive document reaching to a wrong recipient, etc
- 62 percent expressed a very high or high degree of concern for document security while only 43 percent believed they are prepared to handle the issue
- 73 percent confirmed that their organizations have well-defined document security policy.
- 68 percent of knowledge workers surveyed confirmed that they use their smartphones/tablets to access documents
- 58 percent already use their devices to create, manage and review documents
- 90 percent confirmed that in the near future they will increasingly use smartphones and tablets for document creation, management and review